To everything there is a season

To everything there is a season

Sunday, 7 December 2014

Exercise (December)

1 December, Monday

Activity: Yoga Power 2 
Instructor: Lucky K
Location: Space & Light Studios  
Comments:

Today was a riot of emotions so it was a much-needed cathartic release on the #yogamat at our 90 minutes Power #Yoga 2 class. Don't #sweat the small stuff; just sweat it all out during your #workout 😂!

2 December, Tuesday

Activity: Yoga
Instructor: Diana
Location: CREATE Aerobics Studio  
Comments: [extracted parts of the feedback I gave to Diana]
1. Handstand: This is the first time that I've done this pose and I'm finally taught how to do it, correctly and safely, so I'm really happy! 

2. Crow pose/ Variations: We felt that this was too difficult for us, so an easier variation of this would really help! As in, an even easier variation that having two hands on the ground and lifting up one leg up at a time. On that note, I like that you provide variations for all the difficult poses. For instance, crow, wheel etc. 

3. Wheel pose/ Breakdowns: I can't seem to do this, so your breakdown of the steps helped. However, I still have difficulty figuring out how to walk my hands in. It is super helpful that you provide breakdowns of how to get into a more complicated pose.

4: Demonstrations: Similar to the previous point, I like that you demonstrated every pose to us and even came around to help us with the poses. 

5. Correction: Thank you for helping me with posture adjustments (in Triangle "turn body upwards", Savansana "rotate shoulders downwards" and a couple others), I really appreciated it and learnt a lot through your gentle corrections. It is really hardworking of you, and it must be so tiring!

6. Alignment: I really like the verbal instructions/ cue you give to help us visualize our breathing/ postures to maintain good form ("from crown of head to navel", "keep your spine tall/ long", "reach your hands to the top of the ceiling" etc.).  

7. Sun salutations: Even though you mentioned that we could go at our own pace after the first set, I think it's better if we all do it together because we ended up doing so in the end! 

8.  Pace: It was very fast-paced and intense for me. I actually think that this class is harder than any of Rashita's classes. At the halfway mark, I was already feeling very tired! The good thing is that we managed to pack a lot in.    


9. Meditation: I loved the one minute meditation before Savasana, as it really allowed me to not just practice physically but also psychologically. Great idea!


10. Style: I guess you have a strict style which keeps us disciplined and forces us to push ourselves in our practice. 

Diana's reply is that if you do a pose correctly, every pose can be difficult. So yes, good form. 

2 December, Tuesday

Activity: Personal Training
Instructor: Fay 
Location: UFit Singapore 
Comments: [from Instagram]
Final #personaltraining with @fayhokulani at @ufitsingapore after my colleague's tough lunchtime #yoga class at our #aerobics #studio (think #handstand and #sidecrow pose etc.)! She's undergoing yoga teacher #training so we're her virgin students 😊. Had #fun warming up with resistance bands, at PT doing pole #squats, pushups against the wall, #kettlebell #chestpress, kettlebell squats #jump into #plank (killer!), #bulgarianbag #workout for the #glutes, #sandbag training across the grass lawn (fun!), #lunges and high #kicks, and the #lats #pulldown #exercise! Needless to say, I was absolutely breathless by the end of the day 😂
My own reflection: uality over quantity! In terms of weights etc. 

4 December, Thursday

Activity: Personal Training
Instructor: ...
Location: Contours Express Jurong East 
Comments: [from Instagram]


Did you know that you can get 12 free #workouts a month courtesy of #Health Promotion Board, Singapore? Yeah, #Singapore is #awesome like that ✌️. The only catch is that they'll take a photo of you as proof 😂. Here's mine after my 30 minutes #circuit #training with a #personaltrainer at #contoursexpress befor e work. I like the clean #equipment and that its a women's only #gym. Did the #cardio #fit #legpress, #armcurl, #legcurl, #lats pulldown, #triceps #pulldown, #shoulderpress, #chestpress, #legextension, #innerthigh, and a bunch of #aerobic #exercises like #squats ups, #stepups etc.😅. Post #workout, she measured my #heart rate which was 28 and is in the 85% #fatburning range, uh oh. Oh and you get a free #pedometer! 👏

5 December, Friday

Activity: Kpopfitness
Location: JCube Shopping Centre as part of Health Promotion Board's mall fitness program

Comments: Nothing too spectacular, but worked up a good sweat :). And a kind Instagram friend, @juvina, actually gave me 12 free classes at Sadhana Sanctuary so I'm very pleased to start practicing there! 

7 December, Sunday

Activity: Hot Yoga
Instructor: Amrit
Location: Real Yoga Yoha 

Comments:Because @rachel.yoga asked me to #stopdropyoga, so here I am playing after a hot #yoga class, wearing my @dharmabumsactive #leggings for the 1st time and loving how it feels like second skin! Thank you @alicialoh of @omgoing for miraculously finding this last piece for me 😊!

Was actually my first day of my menstrual cycle, but thanks to hot yoga, my flow was very good with no pain ;P.

No comments:

Post a Comment