24 August, Sunday
Activity: Mass
Celebrant: ~
Location: Georgia Tech Catholic Center
Comments: Attended the 11:30am mass and it was full house, nice to see so many Catholic students gathering to celebrate Mass.
28 August, Wednesday
Activity: Mass
Celebrant: ~
Location: Georgia Tech Catholic Center
Comments: 30 minute weekday mass passed over very quickly. I liked that they recited a devotion to Mother Mary and St Michael's after mass. The only thing is that I hadn't memorized it prior and was a little lost. Been a most challenging period for me and I felt God telling me during mass and reminding me of His Blessed Assurance. And yet, the challenges remain. To take up my Cross and follow Him.
29 August, Friday
Activity: Sacrament of Reconciliation
Celebrant: ~
Location: Georgia Tech Catholic Center
Comments: Confessed to the priest that I've been unkind to my husband, homesick and lonely. He asked when I arrived and I said 1.5 weeks ago and he mentioned that that's not even enough time to recover from jetlag! He told me to be patient (as what my loved ones have been telling me), and that to whine would extend my homesickness, and that in time, I would feel at home, and happy here, and happier when I get to go home too.
Activity: Mass
Celebrant: Visiting Priest from a community in Jerusalem who serves the elderly population
Location: Georgia Tech Catholic Center
Comments: He mentioned that it was nice to see so many young people attend weekday mass, and honestly, I was also surprised. Although he mentioned that once in a Catholic university, there were 200 or was it 2,000 young people attending daily mass!


No comments:
Post a Comment