Activity: Yoga
Comments: Did two headstands against the wall for 20 seconds each :). Will slowly increase, and then move against the wall eventually.
"As a beginning practitioner stay for 10 seconds. Gradually add 5 to 10 seconds onto your stay every day or so until you can comfortably hold the pose for 3 minutes. Then continue for 3 minutes each day for a week or two, until you feel relatively comfortable in the pose. Again gradually add 5 to 10 seconds onto your stay every day or so until you can comfortably hold the pose for 5 minutes. Come down with an exhalation, without losing the lift of the shoulder blades, with both feet touching the floor at the same time."
Supported headstands on Yoga Journal
Video on how to do a headstand
Video on how to do an elbowstand

New Yorker comic
Activity: Yoga
Organizer: NUS Staff Club
Instructor: Mike
Location: NUS Staff Club Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:9
Comments: Really good to be working out again after 9 days! Nice catching up with Michaela too. Worked on our core today, and I struggled with this.

Source: Dolphin Push-Up
We also did this, a pose we always do in this class, that "challenges your triceps and upper back, and for an added bonus, you'll also tone your tush and the backs of your legs."

Source: Intense East
Did side planks as part of our core workout.

Source: Side Plank
9 May, Friday
Activity: Pilates
Organizer: NUS University Health Centre Wellness Division
Instructor: Rachel Ong
Location: NUS Yusof Yishak House Rhythm Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:9
Comments: Used weights for the first time. Perspired a few drops, but it was a really good and much needed workout. Rachel focused on the shoulders today, an area that is much needed. Aside, I've been doing headstands daily, a couple at a go, for 30 seconds or so, will slowly increase intensity, and come off the wall, at some point!
12 April, Monday
Activity: Full body toning
Organizer: NUS Staff Club
Instructor: Bryan
Location: NUS Staff Club Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:30
Comments: Intense, but good, post workout of course!
Posted this on Instagram and Facebook, taken post-class:

14 May, Wednesday
Activity: Yoga
Organizer: NUS Staff Club
Instructor: Mike
Location: NUS Staff Club Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:8
Comments: Good. Felt the burn in my thighs... still struggling with sun salutations. I like that he actually introduces a lot of poses, those that I don't get to try in Rashita and Agnes classes.
19 May, Monday
Activity: Full body toning
Organizer: NUS Staff Club
Instructor: Bryan
Location: NUS Staff Club Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:30
Comments: Instructor taught us a new exercise which works the abs all-round. I should take a video for my memory!
20 May, Tuesday
Activity: Yoga
Organizer: Diana
Instructor: Rashita
Location: CREATE Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:7
Did standing split against the wall, and boy was it painful! But always fun to experiment with new poses :).
I couldn't do this in the beginning, but it is comfortable for me now.

Source: Standing Split
21 May, Wednesday
Activity: Yoga
Organizer: NUS Staff Club
Instructor: Mike
Location: NUS Staff Club Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:10
Comments: First time in awhile that Michaela, Federica and I all went for class together. I felt the burn when we were moving from planks, to elbow push-ups, to dolphin push-ups, to downward dogs and back, but I also felt frustrated hoping that he'd push us more since we spend a lot of time warming down. I think I've addicted to sweat :P. Having said that, my core feels stronger after 3 days of consecutive exercise, but it's still a long way to go to getting my crow and handstands in order :).
23 May Friday
Activity: Pilates
Organizer: NUS University Health Centre Wellness Division
Instructor: Rachel Ong
Location: NUS Yusof Yishak House Rhythm Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:10
Comments: Felt happy to be exercising! Realized that I can't seem to straighten my leg though, need to work on it. I improved in my plow/ plough pose, and no longer need to support myself. I think that's the hidden beauty of yoga, that you can literally track and see your progress over time :).
No comments:
Post a Comment