Activity: Yoga
Location: At home
Comments: Feeling sick and weak from sinusitus since Sunday (had sore throat, cold, cough, fever, nausea, diarrhea!) and thus attempted to do home practice. Stopped after half an hour due to my diarrhea! Bummed about it but when the body is weak, it needs love and care and not brute force and will!
2 October, Thursday
Activity: Yoga
Location: At home
Comments: Even though I felt marginally better, I decided that working from home is probably a better idea and did it to Ellie Goulding's music and Chie's scarf haha! Used Yogifly and did the intermediate level flow and boy was I perspiring a lot! Even incorporated headstands and crow pose. Although I still can't get my wheel and crow pose, but at least my feet touches the floor in plough pose!
6 October, Monday
Activity: Boot Camp Conditioning
Instructor Tyrell
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Was hesitant to pump up given that I was sick the week before but went ahead and it was good! Although the 5kg weights killed me...
7 October, Tuesday
Activity: Zumba
Instructor: Asia
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Very boring considering that she has been teaching the same routine over and over again. Made a new friend though, someone working at modern languages at georgia tech. She seems shy but really nice.
8 October, Wednesday
Activity: Bodyworks Plus Abs
Instructor: Katilia (or "Queen")
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Instructor was nice maybe because she saw me working hard. Perspired a lot but not as much as last time. It's my 2nd time if I'm right, and I think that it's because I already expected a really hardcore workout. Could also be becuse she was 15 minutes late and so the 45 minutes felt killer but just about right. My hamstrings hurt after 3 days of consecutive workout, after a week of being sick and doing yoga at home. Also, I started walking to and fro school (25 minute walk) starting Monday. Proud of myself :). Just need better shoes so I won't develop blisters the way I currently do with my cheap H&M shoes! Aside, when I was doing the kickboxing moves, Katilia said, "wow, you have very long legs!" Haha.
10 October, Friday
Activity: Zumba
Instructor: Frederick
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: A lot of ladies wore pink! HIgh energy class but didn't feel like I worked out my abs or arms, just a lot of cardio. Felt breathless but it was a good challenge, and a lot of body pumping and shaking =). I love choreography, although it is weak in this regard. As in not inspiring choreography, but enough to make you sweat.
12 October, Sunday
Activity: Treadmill with highest resistance for 10 minutes, weights for 10 minutes, yoga for 15 minutes
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station & at home
Comments: Gym was closing in 20 minutes but made a dash for it anyway so I decided to up the ante and use the highest resistance. Did weights as per what the personal trainer once taught me. Did yoga to 'finish off' at home =). I think I should update my workouts on Instagram in future, since there's a community there and it gets lonely here.
13 October, Monday
Activity: Boot Camp Conditioning
Instructor Tyrell
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Came early for once and secured my props the bench and the whatever-you-call-it, as well as my 5kg weights, but with out a mat. Secured a mat when a lady in front left halfway. Worked out in my new attire from Forever 21, and the shorts did ride up but provided sufficient coverage. The top may not have been the most suitable for push ups, but it was lightweight and very comfortable! I felt more in control and at ease with today's session as I know what to anticipate but I still perspired puddles! Which is good. This workout is still efficient for me.
14 October, Tuesday
Activity: Cardio Jam
Instructor De'Marco
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Wasn't feeling the best and didn't like the choreography, so I finished off with weights and abdominal workout on the mat.
15 October, Wednesday
Activity: Bodyworks Plus Abs
Instructor: Katilia (or "Queen")
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Posted my first fitness progress picture and was encouraging to see so many positive and encouraging responses, and people asking me how I got my abs. Truth is, I didn't actively work out to get abs, I just worked out in general!
Anyhow, today's class was super killer. All was manageable until the last 10 minutes of ab work. I've never seen a workout as rigorous but it works as she says and I'm going to try to remember and replicate them!
First: planking for a minute
Second: rolling in your plank
Third: rotating side to side in your plank
Fourth: basic plank to elbow plank hands, back and forth a.k.a commandos in kayla itsines guide
Fifth: spider push-ups or planking style i.e. moving one leg to the elbow, followed by the next
This is my favorite instructor cos she's really nice. She'll come close to me and correct me or emulate what I'm doing but at a faster-stronger-more efficient way :). For instance, when I was doing the planking sets, every once in awhile, I'll hike my butt up purely cos I'm tired and she'll forcefully push my hips down so low near the floor. I was cheating and dying, but I appreciate the "pushing" :P.
Only problem is that she's perpetually late. Which is not a problem as I'm always rushing to make it for my 7pm class, which I've come to realize is the time slot for my preferred classes!
Since I'm on to abs, here are some of my favorite workouts where I can really feel the burn...
- Crunches, heel touches and cross crunches

Source: Which exercise works out what muscles
- Basic plank
- Basic plank to elbow plank hands a.k.a commandos in Kayla Itsines guide
- Plank to chaturanga (yoga pose)
- Elbow plank to dolphin pose (yoga pose)
- Spider push-ups or planking style i.e. moving one leg to the elbow, followed by the next
- Leg raises at 90 degrees, then 45 degrees, and then 20/30 degrees
- Boat pose in yoga
- Mountain climbers for a minute or more
- Russian twist with weights/ medicine ball/ heavy object, twisting side to side
- Ab tuck with Swiss Ball
- Straight leg jackknives
- Scissor kicks
- Ab bikes
- Rolling side plank

18 October, Saturday
Activity: Bodyworks Plus Abs
Instructor: Karuna
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: (from my Instagram, bunnymoves) Weekend started off with a Skype call to my beloved parents, followed by killer bodyworks plus abs class at lafitness gym where I perspired puddles workingout with #weights and rounded off with some light yoga stretching at the park below my house! It's a Green Day exercising with my green underarmour headband, aqua forever21 sportsbra and teal northface shorts . Spot pumpkin cause it's halloween in two weeks, can't wait to trickortreat with cute little kids :).

19 October, Saturday
Activity: Climbing
Location: Stone Summit
Comments: (from my Instagram, bunnymoves) My strong husband won a hangboard at crushville 2014's bouldering competition, courtesy of stonesummitclimbing despite suffering a flapper (which is a climbing -related blister)! Shocked to see fresh blood but he takes it in his stride because he absolutely ❤ climbing. Thank you stonesummitfit, he is very pleased and I'm so proud :).

20 October, Monday
Activity: Boot Camp Conditioning
Instructor Tyrell
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Went too late and didn't get a mat for once ;(. Tyrell was lamenting that the energy in the room was lacking, due to Monday blues from the weekend. Personally speaking, I pushed myself, so I'm happy :).
28 October, Tuesday
Activity: Bodyworks plus abs
Instructor: Kerry
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: Out of action for 8 long days due to an injury to my knees, I fell and my wounds were infected =`(. I tried doing ab exercises at home but it really hurt so I gave up. I was so happy going to the gym I was practically skipping! I informed the instructor about my injury, she looked at my knees and told me to be careful with my Bulgarian squats as my range of motion would probably be limited. Good thing is that I managed to do all the exercises, through sheer will, except those on the knees which I substituted for similar exercises. Considering that I have't exercised in awhile, I was quite proud that I could do everything and even glowed afterwards =).
29 October, Wednesday
Activity: Bodyworks Plus Abs
Instructor: Katilia (or "Queen")
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: LOVED today's session. At some point, she came up to me and whispered in my ear, "I see you", which according to Urban Dictionary means that the person acknowledges our accomplishments. I guess she saw that I was exercising despite my wounded knees :P. Anyway, I am really going to miss her, and this class!
30 October, Thursday
Activity: Bodyworks Plus Abs
Instructor: Shannon
Location: LA Fitness at Atlantic Station
Comments: It was my first time with this instructor, and she used 4 steps and taught us Bulgarian squats. Surprisingly, I could manage the class without feeling too beat, I guess my body got used to working out it being the third day in a row!
No comments:
Post a Comment