Activity: Yoga
Organizer: Diana
Instructor: Rashita
Location: CREATE Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:12
Comments: Didn't break into a sweat but was challenged at the splits as I can't do them :|. Rashita taught us a new crow pose which worked the core.

Source: Advanced crow pose
She said that we could practice that at home, with this push up exercise. Maybe I will :).

Source: Creepy crawly push-up position
Although come to think of it, I learnt this in Swiss Ball exercises class.

Source: Push-up with tuck crunch

Source: Boat Pose
7 March, Friday
Activity: Pilates Organizer: NUS University Health Centre
Instructor: Rachel
Location: NUS Sports and Recreation Centre Dance Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:11
Comments: Perspired! Very good workout for the abdominal muscles...
11 March, Tuesday
Activity: Yoga Organizer: Diana
Instructor: Rashita
Location: CREATE Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:11
Comments: Changed our breathing to incorporate humming, and even closed our eyes and noses! Did our routine downward dogs, followed by spinal flows,
Source: Spinal Flow
Source: Squat Pose / Garland Pose
Did a wheel pose, against the mirror :).
Source: Wheel Pose

Source: Revolved Chair Pose
13 March, Thursday
Activity: Abs, Butt and Thigh Organizer: NUS Aerobics Club
Instructor: ~
Location: NUS Sports and Recreation Centre Dance Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:30+
Comments: Very good workout, perspired A LOT! He incorporated static positions in addition to the usual aerobic and mat work. First time I attended the full class. Typically, I leave 10 mins earlier in order to dash off for my prayer group. This time around, I l had to stay till the end to collect mine and Daphne's free NUS Aerobics Club t-shirt. Still made it in time for prayer group =).
14 March, Friday
Activity: Pilates Organizer: NUS University Health Centre
Instructor: Rachel
Location: NUS Sports and Recreation Centre Dance Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:11
Comments: First class without props, and I like the idea of going back to basics. The only glitch was that the workout was too easy for me, and I was kind of bummed that we weren't pushed beyond our, or at least, my limits. Maybe it's time to try CrossFit, something I've been hearing quite a bit of lately.
20 February, Tuesday
Activity: Yoga Organizer: Diana
Instructor: Rashita
Location: CREATE Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:14
Comments: Didn't break into a sweat but was challenged at the standing split and front split as I can't do them :|.
Source: Standing Split
Here's a pose that I can do comfortably do though - the one-legged king pigeon pose two :P.

Source: One-Legged King Pigeon Pose II
21 February, Wednesday
Activity: Yoga Organizer: NUS Aerobics
Instructor: Agnes
Location: UTown Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:35
Comments: The best session to date, where we did a lot of challenging stretching in poses that I never thought I could do. I wish I could remember the names, but I don't.
25 March, Tuesday
Activity: Yoga
Organizer: Diana
Instructor: Rashita
Location: CREATE Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:9
Comments: Was very chill, and as usual, didn't perspire one bit :\. Enjoyed the intense stretching though! What was interesting was that we did some hip and knee opener exercises against the mirror. I was happy that I was rather bendy, especially with this particular move, that stretched the hamstring.
As part of our warm up sequence which involves: heart centre -> sun salutation -> plank -> upward dog -> downward dog routine -> spinal flows.
And another hip opener:


Source: Crescent Lunge
We would pose with our legs apart, inching them apart with every second, and holding it there for a minute. Rashita advices us to practise at home for 5 minutes even. She mentioned that this kind of dynamic stretching was better than the static stretching.
We would pose with our legs apart, inching them apart with every second, and holding it there for a minute. Rashita advices us to practise at home for 5 minutes even. She mentioned that this kind of dynamic stretching was better than the static stretching.
Activity: Yoga Organizer: NUS Aerobics
Instructor: Agnes
Location: UTown Aerobics Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:30
Comments: Did a lot of stretching which was good :). I really like trying new, stretching poses, just to see if I can do it, and I'm often surprised that I can actually do it! Which happens quite a lot these days :D.
Source: Intense Side Stretch Pose (Parsvottanasana)

Source: Half twist pose
Source: Head to knee pose (Janusirsasana )
28 March, Friday
Activity: Pilates
Organizer: NUS University Health Centre
Instructor: Rachel
Location: NUS Sports and Recreation Centre Dance Studio
Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:10
Comments: She pushed us it was our last lesson. She taught us the posture for lifting "invisible" free weights. We were asked to do the yoga plow pose which I can't do :\. Enjoyed the more intense workout (perspired a bit), and the visible abs the next day!
No comments:
Post a Comment